Winter is here, so for you is it time to hit the beach for a break from the cold, or head to the mountains for fun in the snow? Either way, Legacy has you covered with resorts at beach and mountain destinations, and we are looking forward to welcoming you!
This update from Legacy Vacation Resorts will keep you up on the happenings at each resort destination in your Legacy network, and offers some insider tips to enhance your winter vacation with Legacy.
Orlando-Kissimmee / Lake Buena Vista
- Roofing replacement continues at Orlando-Kissimmee with current work being done on Buildings R and RW.
- New mulch will be installed at both Orlando-Kissimmee and Lake Buena Vista before the end of 2018.
- The staff at both Orlando locations participated in the Salvation Army Forgotten Angels program for the holidays. Through the Angel Tree program the Salvation Army provides Christmas gifts for need children and nursing home residents. For most recipients, the gifts from this program will be the only gifts they open. Our resort employees in Orlando generously helped fifty “angels” this holiday season. Giving is truly the best gift you can give yourself.
- Click here to check out the Orlando Resort’s Winter Activities Guide.
Insider Tip: You’ll find many charming neighborhoods and towns in and near Orlando. It’s a great way to take a break from the theme parks for a day. Mount Dora, north of Orlando is known as The Festival City for its long history of festivals all year long. There are also many locally-owned shops and restaurants to check out. Learn more about Mount Dora: https://www.whattodoinmtdora.com/
- Construction has started for the new pool and hot tub at Indian Shores! Construction should take until early to mid-April before the pool will be operational. The new pool will be approximately the same size of the current pool and will be heated as well. A hot tub will be included as well at the west end of the pool. There will be a masonry wall built at the west end nearest Gulf Blvd to help for privacy and sound.
- In Mid-January we will begin renovation of the lobby building and activity area. We will be moving the check in area to one of the guest rooms during the time of renovations.
- 2019 will be an exciting year with several changes to Legacy Vacation Club Indian Shores!
Insider Tip: If fresh seafood is one of the things you look most forward to on your winter trip to Indian Shores, there are many wonderful local restaurants where their seafood offerings are gulf-to-table the same day. Find your next dinner here: https://www.visitstpeteclearwater.com/article/dining-near-waterfront
- With our beautiful pool, nine hole mini golf course and our proximity to all the best that Florida’s Atlantic Coast has to offer, you’ll always find ways to have fun or just relax your cares away!
- Now you can also stay charged and ready to go with some of the fastest charging stations in the Palm Coast area. Our 2 Tesla Connectors (16 kW) and 1 Universal Connector (9 kW) are conveniently located throughout our resort for our guests’ complimentary use.
Insider Tip: There are many events for all ages in and near Palm Coast. With St. Augustine and Daytona Beach just short drives away, there are plenty of things to do all winter! Check out all the happenings here: http://www.visitflagler.com/events/
- While winter is usually the quieter time of year along the Jersey Shore, there are still plenty of local sites to visit, including:
- Visit the Absecon Lighthouse
- Take a dive into the Atlantic City Aquarium
- Experience the Atlantic City Historical Museum – Includes Miss America Pageant collection
- Join the fun at the Central Pier Arcade & Speedway
- Take a wine-tasting tour of the many local wineries
Insider Tip: Winter is a great time to visit Brigantine. Rates are low and crowds are thin, so it’s a great time to check out the great local restaurants that are always packed in the summertime. The average high temperature for January is 41° with plenty of sunny days. A little bundling up and you can still take a long walk on the beach!
Steamboat Springs Hilltop & Suites
Snowfall in Steamboat Springs is off to a strong start; so far we are at 22% of the total for 2017. Here’s hoping it keeps up that rate! Recent updates include:
- Balconies at Suites have had lattice-type protections installed as a safety enhancement.
- New carpet has been installed in 25% of the units at Suites.
- Saflok entry systems have been installed for all unit locks at Hilltop and Suites.
Insider Tip: Steamboat Springs is home to some of the best outdoor companies in the industry. With companies like Smartwool (outdoor apparel), Big Agnes (camping gear) and Honey Stinger (energy products), you’ll find something for everyone and support local companies! Be sure to stock up while you’re here.
We have snow and we’re expecting more! Our newest edition to Reno is LVC-Reno-The-Snowman. When we got our first snow, our enthusiastic staff decided to build a welcome snowman. We used a little bit of things we use here at the resort every day. He might not last long, but it was a great afternoon break and brought smiles to the faces of our guests!
Insider Tip: Winter in Reno isn’t just for skiers – there are plenty of options for everyone. Take a day trip to the “wild west” town of Virginia City (watch for wild horses on your drive up Route 341), go snowshoeing in D.L. Bliss State Park, or visit the National Automobile Museum in the Reno Riverwalk District.
Don’t wait-chill out and warm up with Legacy!
Book your trip now!
When you are ready to book, we are ready to help! Contact us at 1-866-507-1429, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website: https://www.legacyvacationresorts.com. We look forward to seeing you!
Whether you head to the beach or the mountains, we want to help you and your family build a legacy of treasured vacation memories!