Steamboat Springs, Co. is a premier ski destination famous for its snow. The Legacy Vacation Resorts-Steamboat Springs collection are situated just minutes from several mountain peaks within the Park Range and overlook the Yampa Valley. With two locations just moments from the gondola, slopes and downtown shops, restaurants and attractions, we offer convenient, family-friendly accommodations in the heart of one of the largest ski resorts in North America.
Steamboat Springs has been dubbed “Ski Town, U.S.A.” due to the fact more Olympians call Steamboat home than any other ski town. This year, tentatively, ski season begins right around November 25 and with the ski season just two months away, Steamboat Springs offers numerous activities on the slopes and off for families wanting all types of adventures.
Check out the Top 10 winter things to do from Steamboat Springs Chambers of Commerce for ideas on the best ways to explore during your stay at Steamboat Springs.
Top 10 Things to Do
In no particular order, check out the top 10 activities, events, and things to see this winter at Steamboat Springs, CO.
- Fish Creek Falls – Take in the view of a 280 ft. frozen waterfall just a short drive from downtown Steamboat Springs. The Falls are a quarter mile hike down the snow-packed trail. Catch a glimpse of the icy wall, or try out ice climbing for an out-of-the-box afternoon.
- Snowshoe on Rabbit Ears – A great alternative to fun on the slopes, snowshoeing offers a look at the great outdoors at a more leisurely pace.
- Night Skiing – The fun doesn’t stop when the sun goes down. Steamboat Ski Resort’s night skiing experience is back for the second season and has visitors enjoying the slopes day or night. Make a few turns, grab dinner at the base, and take full advantage of your winter vacation!
- Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride – Nothing beats the view of the Yampa Valley coated in white from a hot air balloon. This is truly an adventure for all ages and a unique way to experience Steamboat Springs even in the winter. The early morning takeoff will leave you with plenty of time in the day to tackle the rest of the top 10 list!
- Bike Emerald Mountain – We bike year-round in Steamboat. Join by renting a fat tire, snow bike at one of the local bike shops. Then head up to Emerald Mountain where single-track and groomed trails await.
- Soak in the Hot Springs – What sounds better than a relaxing soak in natural hot springs after a day on the mountain? Old Town Hot Springs is right downtown and has swimming pools and a fitness center as well as four spring-fed pools. Strawberry Park Hot Springs is a short drive (four-wheel drive cars only) or ride via Hot Springs Adventures to the springs nestled in the woods.
- Snow Tube – Tubing in Steamboat will leave you rolling in laughter with the whole family. Catch a ride on the magic carpet to the top of the hill and then hold on tight for an exhilarating ride down on a snow tube.
- Snow-Cat Ski Our Backcountry – Give Steamboat Powdercats a call for an unforgettable day skiing untouched powder. Not to mention the gourmet lunch that will refuel you for an afternoon full of snowy face shots.
- Winter Carnival – Celebrate 102 years of winter tradition in Steamboat Springs. Mention a parade and fireworks and people say that’s typical. Talk about adults on shovels being pulled down mainstreet behind horses or skiers jumping through fiery hoops and people stop to listen. In Steamboat Springs we do things differently, and with the oldest, continuous Winter Carnival west of the Mississippi, this event is certainly no different.
- And of course, Fireworks!! Fireworks are a staple of winter in Steamboat Springs. What better way to celebrate the holidays and heritage than with a spectacle in the sky?
No matter which activities you explore or which Legacy Vacation Resorts destination you choose, your family will enjoy beautifully appointed condominium-style accommodations and first-class resort amenities at a fraction of the cost of a hotel stay. Legacy Vacation Resorts’ studio, one, and two bedroom suites are designed to meet your family’s needs and provide affordable vacation escapes with conveniences like kitchenettes or full kitchens, saunas, an indoor swimming pool (at the Hilltop resort), and complimentary shuttle transportation during the winter ski season.
And now you can save even more with our EARLY SKI SEASON SALE. Receive an additional 20% off your standard room rate when you book a 2 night minimum by December 15, 2015. Travel Dates include November 26, 2015 – February 5, 2016. Blackouts dates do apply: December 22-January 2, 2016.
Our SKI TIL 3 PROMOTION: Late checkout of 3pm when staying 2 or more nights- spend more time on the slopes….Just inform the Front Desk when you check in you would like to “Ski Til 3”! and you will be granted a free late check out!
Steamboat Springs offers something that the whole family can enjoy and Legacy Vacation Club Steamboat Springs is here to offer you that family vacation of a lifetime! For more information on booking your Steamboat Springs trip, CLICK HERE!