Fall is a busy time in Central Florida. It brings cooler temperatures and some of the nation’s best fall activities. Locals and visitors alike celebrate the break from the heat of Florida summers by taking to the streets to celebrate harvests, enjoy arts and crafts shows, sip wine, taste a variety of cuisines, listen to music, and celebrate Halloween.
There is something going on in every part of central Florida, every weekend from early October until Thanksgiving, so pack up the family and enjoy the sights, sounds, and great Florida fall weather! You won’t want to miss these highlighted events:
- Theme Park Halloween Events for Kids
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party on select “spook-tacular” nights, this seasonal Halloween favorite at Disney’s Magic Kingdom is for kids of all ages. Special admission price for the evening event.
- Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando is more for the teens and adults who are looking for the ultimate Halloween scare.
- Brick-or-Treat at Legoland Florida from each weekend in October the park’s spooky, kooky event returns on Saturday and Sunday and features themed treat stations with candy, snacks and surprises. Event is included with park admission.
- SeaWorld’s Halloween Spooktacular each weekend in October, families can enjoy Halloween family fun that is included in the park’s admission.
- Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival runs six weeks — from early October through mid-November. The event is marked by wine tastings, Disney and guest chefs’ cooking up culinary delights, and the popular Eat to the Beat! concerts. Entrance to the Festival, plus select wine and beer seminars, cooking demonstrations, culinary exhibits, concerts and all attractions are included with regular Epcot admission. Specialty events require reservations and separate event admission.
- ZOO BOO BASH the Central Florida Zoo’s annual Halloween event is complete with a daily costume contest and other fun activities. Family friendly costumes are welcome. Treat stations, crafts and other fun activities available from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- If you’re looking for a more traditional fall activity, get lost in a corn maze or scenic attractions! Look for these to crop up in early October in Central Florida:
- Scott’s Maze Adventures at Long & Scott Farms in Mount Dora features a different themed maze each year. Spend the day sliding down their 60 ft. slide, fishing in the pond, taking a hayride, having a picnic or simply enjoying the country atmosphere.
- Take a leisurely stroll at some of Orlando’s scenic outdoor attractions like Harry P. Leu Gardens, Bok Tower Gardens or Albin Polasek Museum & Sculpture Gardens. Or, relax on a Scenic Boat Tour of the beautiful lakes and estates of Winter Park.
Legacy Vacation Resorts-Orlando and Lake Buena Vista brings all of the Orlando magic, sun and fun right to your doorstep. With just minutes from the major attractions above, families can enjoy an unforgettable family getaway in the heart of Central Florida’s most beloved fall vacation destinations.
Our studios, one bedroom, two or two bedroom deluxe condominium accommodations are designed to meet your family’s needs and provide affordable vacation escapes with conveniences like kitchenettes or full kitchens and washer/dryers.
Legacy Vacation Club will make your perfect autumn vacation a reality. Click here to start today!